Tuesday, November 01, 2005

My First Week !!

Well to quote Jerry Garcia " what a long strange trip it's been". My first week with all of you is nearing it's end, and I find myself reflecting back to the mirad of activity. When I arrived home on Thursday we recieved quite a few visitors and well wishers and my Grandma Gwen spent the night, so she could help mommy and hold me a whole bunch. Friday brought my great Auntie Leslie and my two cool cousins Amber and Jessica. Check them out holding me I didn't fuss at all. The midwives Gillian and Julia also came by to give me a check up, weigh me and say nice things. I only lost three ounces since I left the hospital and they said that was great. I like to eat alot pretty well every two hours and they agreed that was the best for me. Sometimes I am fussy to start, but It's only because every now and again I faintly smell cabbage. My dad says that showing an aversion to cabbage at such a young age only proves how smart I am. Saturday was pretty quiet for visitors but my auntie Robyn came over to hang out all day and that was great, she likes to bounce alot when she holds me which I must say does work for me. Later in the eveing dad and I sat down to watch my favorite team the Canucks play. It was a great game except for the part about us losing. Daddy says that I wasn't the only dirty bum there because the Avalanche is full of them.Sunday morning was quite nice I hung out with Grampa some more, and then lots of people came to visit in the afternoon, Kathrine, Sue, Anna, Lizzy, Grandma Diana, Auntie Allison, Grampa Gordon, and Lyle and Victoria. Lyle taught me some new words, like Port, Starboard, and Rail Meat, which he asures me I won't need to worry about for quite awhile. Then in the eveing Margo and Karl and my future prom date Avery came by to visit, and to bring my mom and dad dinner, he had on the cutest costume. Monday Grampa Larrie showed up really early so we could hang out on the couch with the cats and watch TV. He told me he came so early som mom could get some "uninterupted sleep" which I don't really understand, cause I get up before mom all the time and I don't see anyone there. Maybe he means when daddy snores. I then had Robyn's awsome pancakes for breakfast, which was quite funny because I didn't see her there making them and mom and dad talked about how good they were yesterday. Oh well. Then I saw dad head off to work for the morning. Later the Midwives showed up again and checked me all over. The weighed me again and I had allready gained two ounces back, they said my "latching" looked good but I wasn't sure what they meant. When dad got home from work I asked him and he said that it meant that I sucked more than Dan Cloutier. Later that night my neighbourhood friends came by to get some free handouts, they were all dressed up really cool and scary, thankfully mom dressed me in my Bear suit of courage so I was totally good with it. I later fell asleep watching TV with mom and dad. Tuesday morning brought grampa back again and then grandma showed up too. Grandma showed me pictures of mommy as a baby, wow did we ever look alike. Later we went out for a walk to the park with the dogs. I would love to tell you about it but snuggled up in the baby bjorn and with all the bouncing I was fast asleep by the time we hit the back gate, but I hear it was quite nice. Thank-you again for all your gifts and phone calls it means alot to me and my mommy and daddy. Blog you again soon

Love Kenzie..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home