Happy Valentine's Everyone
Happy Valentine's Day everyone!
I wanted to post my next blog on Valentine's Day cause it is a very special day in our family. Actually, we celebrate it on the Saturday after Valentines because years ago Mom and Dad had some bad dining experience, but that's not the point. The point is, last year on my parents' Valentine's day date my Mom told my Dad about me. Cool eh? They haven't explained to me yet why she found out first. I guess maybe it's cause girls are smarter, I heard that somewhere.
Anyway, I'm 3 and a half months old now and getting really big and strong. I weigh over 14 lbs and am 2 feet long. I can't give you exact figures cause we don't have a special scale like they do at the Doctor's office, but I'm sure not going back there to find out!
Every time we do they stick me with needles. It's a family affair, Mom makes Dad drive in case she's too upset. I don't know what she's got to be upset about, she's not the one getting the needles. Oh well. The good news is I've figured out how to laugh out loud, and let me tell you I've got quite the sense of humour. You need it with parents like mine! They talk to me in made up languages (and they say babytalk is hard
to understand, at least it's a real language!) They make funny faces and noises, and their latest prank...tickeling my tummy. Sure it gets a reaction but talk about cruel, they almost made me pee my diaper! Don't worry, I'll get them back, just wait till I learn how to ask "Why?" 
We've had a pretty good month. Dad's been working lots. Mom calls what she does working too but it's not true, mostly we just cuddle and play, just don't tell Dad. Actually I do get to go with her when she goes to see people and their dogs, and lately Dad has had lots of photography jobs which is great cause Mom and I get to go too. It's fun to watch but I can't say I work very hard. I've been swimming in the tub lots. I like it so much that sometimes I get upset when it is time to get out. Oh I almost forgot,
I've been perfecting my stand. Yes you read right, I can stand on my own. It freaks most people out but the teacher at class says i
ts ok cause I don't weigh much yet. Here is a picture of me standing on my own, just leaning ever so slightly on the back of the chair for balance. Really, no tricks! O.K. here's another one of me and the chair and the office behind so you can tell it's not rigged, I really am vertical. Hmmm... I think
I'll take up kickboxing next.
I wanted to post my next blog on Valentine's Day cause it is a very special day in our family. Actually, we celebrate it on the Saturday after Valentines because years ago Mom and Dad had some bad dining experience, but that's not the point. The point is, last year on my parents' Valentine's day date my Mom told my Dad about me. Cool eh? They haven't explained to me yet why she found out first. I guess maybe it's cause girls are smarter, I heard that somewhere.
Anyway, I'm 3 and a half months old now and getting really big and strong. I weigh over 14 lbs and am 2 feet long. I can't give you exact figures cause we don't have a special scale like they do at the Doctor's office, but I'm sure not going back there to find out!
Every time we do they stick me with needles. It's a family affair, Mom makes Dad drive in case she's too upset. I don't know what she's got to be upset about, she's not the one getting the needles. Oh well. The good news is I've figured out how to laugh out loud, and let me tell you I've got quite the sense of humour. You need it with parents like mine! They talk to me in made up languages (and they say babytalk is hard
to understand, at least it's a real language!) They make funny faces and noises, and their latest prank...tickeling my tummy. Sure it gets a reaction but talk about cruel, they almost made me pee my diaper! Don't worry, I'll get them back, just wait till I learn how to ask "Why?" 
We've had a pretty good month. Dad's been working lots. Mom calls what she does working too but it's not true, mostly we just cuddle and play, just don't tell Dad. Actually I do get to go with her when she goes to see people and their dogs, and lately Dad has had lots of photography jobs which is great cause Mom and I get to go too. It's fun to watch but I can't say I work very hard. I've been swimming in the tub lots. I like it so much that sometimes I get upset when it is time to get out. Oh I almost forgot,
I've been perfecting my stand. Yes you read right, I can stand on my own. It freaks most people out but the teacher at class says i
ts ok cause I don't weigh much yet. Here is a picture of me standing on my own, just leaning ever so slightly on the back of the chair for balance. Really, no tricks! O.K. here's another one of me and the chair and the office behind so you can tell it's not rigged, I really am vertical. Hmmm... I think
I'll take up kickboxing next. I still don't have much hair but thankfully the last of my newborn hair or my "baby mullet" as Dad calls it has fallen out, leaving me with sparse but promising golden wisps. My eyes are looking like they will be blue so now its only a question of hue. I got to go on my first Ferry boat ride over to Vancouver Island last weekend. I got to see my great Nana and had alot of fun playing with all my cousins, wow I have alot of family! Speaking of cousins I have another second or third one (I can never keep track) Dad's cousin Sarah (also known as Sam) just had a little boy named
Fisher. So now I have two cousins younger than me, Laura and Fisher. Boy do I ever feel old.
I'm really looking forward to Grampa Larrie coming home next week. He has been in Mexico for the past month which is like almost a third of my life. But it's alright cause he promised to make up on all the missed cuddles.
Well, I really should sign off. It's getting late and if I'm going to wake up Mom every 3 hours I really do need my beauty sleep.
Fisher. So now I have two cousins younger than me, Laura and Fisher. Boy do I ever feel old.I'm really looking forward to Grampa Larrie coming home next week. He has been in Mexico for the past month which is like almost a third of my life. But it's alright cause he promised to make up on all the missed cuddles.

Well, I really should sign off. It's getting late and if I'm going to wake up Mom every 3 hours I really do need my beauty sleep.
Love to all
Mackenzie

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home