Well hello again!

Ok so this is a little overdue but I've just been soooo busy!
Between my swimming lessons and Kindermusik, storytime and visiting all my friends and cousins, going to the aquarium and Maplewood Farm... Wow I've had a full spring schedule.
I'm now 7 months and 2 days old. I weigh a wopping 17+ lbs and am over 27 inches long. I have just cut my first tooth through (WHICH HURT ALOT!) . I can sit up all by myself, I can hover in the crawl position
and move backwards but am still trying to master that elusive forward motion.
Did everyone have a good Easter? I sure did. I got to see lots of family and best of all my cousins, Jessica Amber and baby Laura. Check me out in my bunny ears.
Mom says not to ask about how the "sleeping through the night" is going as we really haven't made any progress, but I COMPLETELY DISAGREE. I convinced Mom that she would get much more sleep if she didn't have to get up and down through out the night so now I've been getting to sleep in the big bed which I think is a fantastic achievement!
The best part (other than getting to snuggle all night) is that in the morning
I don't just get Mom's attention but I can get Dad's too. If he pretends to be sleeping I've figured out how to call his bluff...just one good tug on a fistful of underarm hair and he jumps to attention. Since Dad works so much lately I think we both really cherish this "quality" time.
Thankfully Dad is starting his latest reno right across the lane so I get to see him at lunch too. Sometimes I eat big people food with the folks, but even though I've tried lots of foods, sometimes I just don't feel like eating much yet.
Lately I've discovered how to give rasberries which works really well with a mouthful of food. I thank Grammy Gwen for teaching me that! I especially like to get Mom's chin. I have to hold her still though, which I do by grabbing & pulling her toward me by fistfuls of hair from each side of her head, earning me the nickname "Mack Attack!" 
I also love to play with my cats and dogs. Sebastian will come sit on my lap and we cuddle every morning together. Kiva lets me ride him. I don't need a saddle I just hold onto his fur really
tight! (Mom supervises closely) But best of all Naya lets me do anything to her, which is great cause I'm a very curious baby. I like to find out what her eyeballs and the inside of her mouth feel like first hand. She holds still for me and even responds by
licking my hands and face (which makes me giggle) so I know she likes it.
I get to spend lots of time outdoors. Grampa Larrie comes for lots of walks with Mom and I and the dogs. I really like to eat Grampa's hat!
I LOVE picking flowers and of course playing the ultimate game of trying to get them in my mouth before Mom sees me and takes them away. Our yard is pretty fun, we have a hammock that I can swing in and on occasion we turn the hot tub temperature down and all go swimming together. Did you know that I can close my eyes, hold my breath and dunk my head under water? I learned that from my swimming lessons. 
Yep, I'm getting pretty big and strong and learning new things every day. I still love people best. I have lots of kid friends in the neighbourhood that play with me. My favorite is a 7 year old girl named Francess. My favorite baby friend is Cameron who is only 8 weeks older than me.
My other current hobbies include playing music on my toys, jolly jumping (I can go super high) hanging out in my activity saucer, looking in mirrors, hors
ey songs where I get bounced to the rythym and/or tossed in the air, and of course bathtime with ducks.
Come see me again soon. Next time I should have pictures of me winning my first sailing race and looking exceptionally cute in my special life jacket.
Oh yah, Mom and Dad said to say HI!
Love Mackenzie 


1 Comments:
Well done Wee Mackenzie! It is nice to hear from you! You have really grown and we are impressed that you are keeping your parents on their toes. You have to keep on top of them or they start to slack off!
We would love to visit with you again soon so get your parents to contact our parents so we can play! Yay!!
Love Lachlan and Macaelan
Post a Comment
<< Home